Beer, Wine & Liquor General Information

The Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC) requires alcoholic beverage manufacturers, distributors, retailers, etc. to apply for licenses and permits before they may operate in the State of Texas.

Beer & Wine Permits

The tax office does not collect any state fees for beer licenses.

Liquor License

The Tax Office does not collect any state fees for liquor permits. Those fees are collected only through TABC. Applications for alcoholic beverage licenses are available from the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC), P.O. Box 13127, Austin, Texas 78711. Local offices of the TABC can be found on the TABC website.

When you receive notice that it’s time to renew your liquor license, in addition to paying your state renewal fee, you should also contact the County Tax Office to pay the appropriate fee for the County Liquor Control Permit. This fee is always one-half of the state fee. Renewals for the County permit can also be processed by mail, or done at the downtown location.